Is there a rumor you’d like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems. Send your questions to email@example.com.
A few weeks ago you answered a question from somebody about how much Elm Grove village employees make. I'm wondering if you could do the same thing with the city of Brookfield. I would like to know how much of my tax dollars are going to them.
Answer: Sure, I can find out for you.
And, much like the village of Elm Grove, there are in fact zero city of Brookfield employees who earn anywhere close to $250,000 per year. But several make in excess of $100,000 annually.
Here are the five highest-paid employees in the city of Brookfield:
- City Attorney Karen Flaherty - $139,060
- Director of Finance Robert Scott - $139,060
- Director of Public Works Tom Grisa - $138,267
- Police Chief Dan Tushaus - $128,099
- Director of Community Development Dan Ertl - $127,723